The Idea: Mak served in the war during the beginning of the Rattanakosin Dynasty. At war he became friends with Ter, Puak, Shin and Aey , whose lives he saved. Once the war was over, Mak invited his four friends into his home in Phra Khanong town and introduced them to his beautiful wife Nak and his newborn baby boy Dang. A rumor was going around in the village that Nak had died giving birth to her stillborn baby, Dang. The source of this rumour; Aunty Priak, owner of local liquor store was found dead floating on the river a few days later. The four friends felt it’s time to tell Mak the possibility of Nak and Dang could be dead and lingered as haunting ghosts and risk their lives. It’s up to Mak to choose love or reality.
We’re Crazy About:
- Freud-Nattapong Chartpong, Pongsathorn Jongwilas, Auttarut Kongrasri and Kantapat Permpoompatcharasook give their best performance in here.
- This movie has a good plot and script that can make you laugh almost all the time when you watching this.
- Mario Maurer and Davika Hoorne bring a good drama in here. Specially Davika has a good act when she turn to be ghost.
- With the “touch” of Banjong Pisanthanakun as a director, this movie turn to be a masterpiece that you won’t miss to watch for this year.
We’re Confuse About:
- Mario presence in this film apparently was intended to be the main attraction. But he was unable to provide maximum charm in this movie.
- Ending of this movie can be said to be ordinary because jokes that have been spent in the beginning to the middle of the movie.
The Whole Point: Even Pee Mak is a horror movie but Banjong Pisanthanakun put a great comedy inside it. And guess what? It works a lot!! Coupled with the charm of Mario Maurer, this movie will certainly be able to make a box office not only at Thailand but also in Indonesia.