The Idea: During World War I, a young English woman named Vera Brittain, postpones her studies at Oxford University to serve as a Voluntary Aid Detachment nurse in London and abroad. After the war she returns to Oxford to read history and later becomes a writer, feminist and pacifist.
We’re Crazy About:
- The story is dramatic, but not cheesy at all. Perhaps it’s too feminist, but it’s fun. You will see how strong Vera, even she looks like so weak.
- The character of the movie is lovely and details. They gave a space for all of the cast and they also play well.
- They have a strong message and the value of the movie can describe well.
- Well, we love the poster.
We’re Confuse About:
- Because the story is kinda slow, sometimes for some people it will be boring also the point of view of this movie perhaps a little feminism.
The Whole Point: Yes, perhaps it’s like another biography movie story. But something different about this movie. It’s sparkling, sweet, and bitter. We love it.