Blackberry Passport is a masterpiece! I totally fall in love with this device since it launched in June 2014. At that time, I thought this was it! Time to move on from my Blackberry Dakota. Is a very pleasant journey between me and Blackberry Dakota at that time. Time goes on, I have to deal with a lot of email and I guess my Dakota can’t handle it anymore. Yes, I also have a problem with the battery. So I don’t think twice to buy a Passport especially The Red Edition! Yes time to say goodbye to Dakota! The real reason why I love Blackberry Passport because the size! Plus, after they launched the red edition, I really in love with that phone. We had a roller coaster relationship. Even all of my colleagues really had no clue why I buy that big phone! But I have no doubt at all.
After 3 years, I still in love with Passport! But, all the bad news just come to fast when they stop most of the apps in BB 10. So, yeah! I have no clue. Maybe some of you said why I don’t change with Priv or Dtek. Simple reason, because in Indonesia they (Blackberry) don’t launch it officially. So I better skip that! Until Aurora comes out! And yes, after all this year, I‘m still in love with the blackberry.
The Idea: During my last day with Blackberry Passport, I just want to review, is it still worth it using Blackberry Passport or Blackberry 10 in 2017. So here we go!
- Blackberry Hub is still the best! Sorry Android, even you provide the email also but somehow the Email in Blackberry still works very flawless!
- The audio! No clue, i still fall in love with the audio! Loud like always!
- The battery is a beast! Don’t forget the keyboard is hilarious! The best damn keyboard ever!
- The red edition is totally must have!!!!!!!!
- The apps are not kool at all! I mean you can’t find any facebook, what’s app, snapchat, instagram! Sounds simple but totally cut throat for the business. I have no clue why Blackberry don’t do anything about this. Sorry, not sorry! You seem to very enjoy to lose in the battle!
- If you watching the video or the youtube you will realize that the screen have a big black gap because the ratio of the screen! Until now they don’t fix the problem with any updates! Like don’t give a damn about it!
- The camera is pity! Very slow for auto-focus and the color seems washout! Still no updates…
Conclusion: Well, if you are only looking for a phone for email and do some phone call, well, perhaps Blackberry Passport or Blackberry 10 is a perfect device for you. But if you are looking for more well you have many options in the market nowadays either Android phone or another blackberry who’s run Android.