The Idea: Asih, poor woman ended her life because of the many unfortunate events that happened to her. He was expelled from home by his mother and father because a man impregnated him but ran away from responsibility. The Asih family clearly will not accept Asih’s newborn child, because it is considered a family disgrace. All the villagers mocked Asih, none of them defended him until all that made Asih go crazy and then got to kill his son. Asih endured sadness and anger until the end of his life. He left quietly that night.
The day after Asih died, Puspita who was pregnant was still living not far from the location where Asih ended his life. Living with her husband, Andi, and her mother-in-law, at first glance this family looks happy, moreover, the baby they are waiting for will be born in two months. But the occurrence of strange events continued to haunt Puspita and her family caused by Asih’s curious spirits. What does Asih really want? All were answered after Puspita gave birth to her baby earlier than expected. Asih’s terror in the house grew worse because Asih wanted something from a baby who had just been born by Puspita.
- Editing from this film is arguably the main value in building a horror session on this film. Sound system settings in this film also deserve to be added value that deserves to be taken into account.
- The storyline that is easy to guess and does not provide things that can be explored more fully in the actors and actresses involved in this film is the biggest mistake in this film. The actors and actresses must be trapped by writing scenarios that are not mature and seem “closed” so that there are no interesting things that can be exploited. There are several details in terms of the storyline that seems to be left hanging and ultimately gives an illogical impression on the audience.
- The selection of shooting locations that are considered too modern (especially for backgrounds at home that show areas of housing that tend to be modern) is a very disturbing weakness. This seems not to be too much thought of by the director, especially when he took pictures that were located in the park area in the house of the main character.
Conclusion: By selling the success of “Danur”, this film seems to want to follow the success of the two existing films. There is nothing wrong indeed, but once again that must be considered is how to build a mutually continuous storyline and has a strong character to the film already “legendary”. Many say this is the best “Danur” film ever made (because we haven’t watched a movie before), but for us, it’s just like a cheap horror film saved because of reliable promotions and marketing to arouse curiosity from everyone.
The Idea: Ito, a gangland enforcer, caught amidst a treacherous and violent insurrection within his Triad crime family upon his return home from a stint abroad.
- The sadism level presented in this film is very beautiful combined with cinematography which is fairly interesting, so even though you are afraid to see it, you will be curious about the scenes in this film.
- Sprinkled with well-known Indonesian actors and actresses made a special attraction for the audience. Indeed there are several actors and actresses whose stigmatization has been attached to the action film, but it is worth noting that there are some new names that deserve to be reckoned with and give a breath of fresh air to this film so that it looks not monotonous. They also present their martial skills which can be said to be quite shocking and foreign language skills (outside of English) very well.
- If you have enough details, then you will realize that the color game in this film is very good and good to look at. The selection of shooting locations in this film can bring the other side of Jakarta and that can leave a significant impression on the audience.
- By relying on fighting scenes that almost dominate this film, sometimes this film feels bland and boring. Indeed there are some interesting scenes, but not infrequently there are also fighting scenes that we value too long so that they seem monotonous and can be shortened to avoid boredom.
Conclusion: For those of you who like action movies and full of heroic scenes, this film will look so promising and fun to watch. But if you don’t really like this, then you will feel that this film feels like a roller coaster which can be fun and tense at the same time but it can also give a boring impression to wait for the “surprise” in the next scene.
The Idea: It’s been 40 years since Laurie Strode survived a vicious attack from crazed killer Michael Myers on Halloween night. Locked up in an institution, Myers manages to escape when his bus transfer goes horribly wrong. Laurie now faces a terrifying showdown when the masked madman returns to Haddonfield, Ill. — but this time, she’s ready for him.
- Although presenting newcomer actors and actresses, the acting skills they present are able to compete with Jamie Lee Curtis. With good synergy and acting skills that can be said to be quite good, able to build fear in the audience who watched this film.
- Present with brutal sadism, this film has its own appeal. It is not too disgusting, but it can be said that it is not excessive and it still looks natural to make this film not look strange like a murder film in general. Editing techniques and neat audio arrangement are also able to provide a good fear for the audience.
- With a predictable storyline, it doesn’t necessarily make this film feel boring. This is because the writing of a detailed and neat storyline makes the audience still pay attention to the details that are the strength of this film. One of them is like the psychological effects caused by Michael to his victims when they are being hunted or their feelings when they want to find out the dark side of Michael.
- As already explained, there is really nothing new presented in this film in terms of the storyline so you only bet whether the victim chosen by Michael can survive or not?
Conclusion: Present at the right moment before Halloween, making this film feel right to watch this month. Not only that, this film is more directed to those who want to reminisce with the figure of Michael and Laurie so that those of you who have never watched this film before will probably feel bland and will enjoy a murder scene that is somewhat sadistic in this film. But it seems, this film is more targeted at the “Halloween” lovers who have long missed the main characters in their favorite theaters.
The Idea: Seasoned musician Jackson Maine discovers — and falls in love with — struggling artist Ally. She has just about given up on her dream to make it big as a singer until Jackson coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally’s career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down, as Jackson fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons.
- Gaga and Cooper provide a very attractive performance. Not only that, their emotional relationship looks so perfect that it seems as if they have not acted in this film but have become part of the character they play. The supporting actors and actresses from this film also very well characterize their characters even though it must be admitted that the roles of Cooper and Gaga are very dominating in this film with their very natural appearance.
- The music in this film is able to give its own color and is very entertaining. Although it can be said that this film seems very musical but it must be admitted they made this film flow without coercion so that the songs that appear to be very natural and united in the lives of the characters.
- By presenting an ordinary side storyline, it doesn’t make this film feel boring. You not only see the glamor side in the lives of the characters, but the internal problems and inner conflicts are presented attractively and blend together so well that there is no excessive impression of the storyline., especially the character Ally, played by Lady Gaga.
- The taking of scenes in this film is very concerned about the cinematic side that is fairly charming. Cooper, who acts as director, is also able to provide unusual shooting angles but still look beautiful and sometimes unique.
- Regardless of whether you are aware of it or not, you will indirectly realize that the visual effects that are used to present the audience in this film are less neat and a bit rough.
Conclusion: Comes with big names like Gaga, Cooper, and many more indeed this film has an attraction for its fans. Not only that, the actors and actress are also able to present acting skills and directing techniques that are fairly good and memorable for the audience. You will be invited to explore that the lives of famous people are the same as in humans in general. By giving a smooth moral message and not intending to patronize, this film can be said to be very good and fun to watch.
The Idea: An employee at a weapons factory discovers that an energy drink turns his co-workers into zombies.
- This film is very easy to digest because the storyline is simple. Not only that, the scripts that are very flowing with a fresh comedy but not too much. As you watch this film, you will see that this film features a simplicity and “office drama” that occur today.
- Although it comes with minimal effects and is relatively simple, in fact, this is not an obstacle in this film. The film is still able to provide an entertainment side and a significant tension for the audience.
- We must give an appreciation to director Lin Oeding for being able to provide a good touch for this (low) budget film category. He is able to provide an interesting side shot. He was also able to provide clear direction to the actors and actresses in this film to be able to multiply their characters.
- As we have explained, the actors and actresses in this film are able to multiply their characters and develop them very well even though they come with a fairly shallow storyline plot. They are also able to invite the audience to understand their a character in a weird way but still funny and interesting to watch.
- Because it’s a budget film, please don’t expect too much especially with the effects presented and the selection of shooting locations using only a simple area.
Conclusion: As we said before that this is a film with limited funds, so you can’t expect anything spectacular from this film. However, be prepared to feel the ability to see acting, the concept of a story that is fairly good in its execution (although it comes with themes that are fairly common and tend to be boring) and comedy that is somewhat sarcastic but still funny. And yes, we really enjoyed it.
The Idea: In 1905, a drifter on a dangerous mission to rescue his kidnapped sister tangles with a sinister religious cult on an isolated island.
- Comes with a simple concept, but can be executed very well making this film worth watching.
- By paying attention to many details, this film is able to give a good impression. Not only that, you will also be spoiled with the beauty of perfect detail.
- Good acting from the actors/actresses can spoil you. They are very flowing and have good connections between actors and actresses. You will also be spoiled with make-up that is fairly good and not excessive so that you will be made comfortable throughout this film.
- The visuals presented are also able to provide a good touch, not special but not excessive so that you will feel that this film is “push very hard” to impress the audience. But at the end of the film, there were several effects in this movie scene that looked very united, it was unfortunate that Gareth Evans was not very detailed about this.
Conclusion: By presenting big names like Gareth Evans, this film is able to give the audience a sense of curiosity. Coming up with a dark side that is light but still presents sadistic things is a very inherent feature of Gareth Evans. We don’t expect too much in this film, and this is indeed the reality. However, we were quite entertained by what was presented, not because of the storyline and sadism, but the good acting skills of the actors and actresses who were able to give their lives in this film.
The Idea: A masked serial killer turns a horror-themed amusement park into his own personal playground, terrorizing a group of friends while the rest of the patrons believe that it is all part of the show.
- The story line comes with a theme that is quite close to us and can be said to be very reasonable.
- The concept of taking pictures, editing, and shooting locations of this film feels very integrated with the concept of horror in this film.
- The character of the killer is very beautiful.
- By presenting a range of artists who are still newcomers, this film seems to still have a lot of homework in the character recognition process for each role. Because many of these artists seem to impose and look unnatural in acting.
Conclusion: even though it comes with a classy and quite real concept, it is unfortunate that the biggest mistake in this film is about deepening each character, because without them they are not given sufficient description of their character so they experiment each other and make this film become feels shallow.